Sunday, July 19, 2009

Borrowed Time

"Counting stars and passing cars
on the Interstate.
The end is near...I feel it dear,
but I'm not afraid.

Step...Step right over the line...
and onto borrowed time." - A Fine Frenzy

Wow. The Prodigal Son returns... It's been awhile...
I apologize to anyone who still frequents this site.
It's been close to half a year since my last post.
I blame Bettie Page. (Seriously...I didn't want to
throw anything new up till I finished her, and I just never
did..sorry to my fellow bloggers, who all produced amazing
work out of that challenge.) I will post my half-finished
rendering I started just so you know that I tried...



I'll follow that with some more McKenna sketches
drawn over the last half year...I'm going through
a lot of personal things this year, and the desire to
draw has been diminished somewhat...I'm hoping
to find that spark again, and bring it back to the
blog. Stay tuned...








Ribbit!-
FrogDaddy

6 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Jason Quinones said...

dude! nice to see you back even if it's just a half finished sketch! bettie had a damn fine start! would like to see her finished some day. hope all is well with you or that things take a turn for the better soon. i know that feeling of personal matters, whatever they may be, getting in the way of creativity. it's a drag but hopefully things'll turn for ya and that art spark'll return full force!

always nice to see some daughter sketches though. she's an inspiration i'm sure and they always turn out great.

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger The Keeper's Notes said...

Jason, you beat me to it! And stated it more eloquently than I could. But I will add, yes, Nice to see a new post!! Bettie looks great so far - I hope you find the spark to finish her off...um, you know what I mean! Nice McKenna sketches as always! What a visual record of her life on paper you've got!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

I blame Facebook.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't posted on my blog in over 6 month either, so I think we're even... though now you're ahead. great pics!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Charles said...

Glad to see this blog o' yours is still alive, my friend.

Love the Bettie Page and would love to see you finish it one day... i understand about the personal stuff and can relate but that piece is sweet already!!

Your McKenna sketches always awesome - think it's time for the book treatment... easy to do online.

Stay creative!!!

-C!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home