Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)



"They're singing Deck the Halls
But it's not like Christmas at all
I remember when you were here
and all the fun we had last year"- U2 (covering a Phil Spector song, I think)

Happy Holidays!
Do you believe the end of the year is already upon us?
Crap! I just finished putting away the Halloween decorations!
The girl just turned nine last week...NINE!!!!
She's starting to question whether Santa really exists or not...
but she's asking it in a roundabout way in case there REALLY
is a Santa and he'll angrily pass over our house Christmas Eve because of her doubts.
I'm sure her friends at school are telling her the way things really work.
I know it seems cruel, but we're not going to tell her....
Because once that myth is busted, the whole business of the Easter
Bunny and the Tooth Fairy will be exposed as one big, fat, hairy lie.
And we've been lying to her about it for 9 years! She'll never trust us again!
She'll figure it out on her own, eventually- just like I did...three years ago...
I'm taking the last week of the month off and sincerely hope to finish
the mural I've been painting in her room, so this may be the last post
before the New Year...keep it happy and healthy my friends, and with a
lot of luck (and our new president), here's hoping that 2009 brings a lot
more joy to all of us than this year did....
Peace-
FrogDaddy

6 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Jason Quinones said...

happy holidays frogdaddy!!

it's been a great year of posts from you!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Johnny Supersonic said...

HERE! HERE!
Happiness and much cheer, Daddy-O!
Really looking forward to seeing this mural.

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favorite RockMas songs! Cool drawing, man! Is that a girl scout outfit she has on? Happy Holidays, buddy...and I too wanna see this mural of yours. Here's hoping our choice wasn't a bad one this time around in the Casa Blanca.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

Thanks guys!
and as it happens, I have one more post in me before the New Year's Out...just gotta find the time for it...

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home