Monday, December 29, 2008

Now That I've Got Your Attention

"I try a subtle suggestion-
a more direct approach.
But I can't make a connection...
You're beyond reproach" - The Raconteurs

Here we are folks...the dream we all dream off...
Happy Almost New Year! I've been doing so many side projects,
I figured I may as well post 'em and finish 2008 strong.
I do an annual calendar for my family's Christmas party and
decided to take this year's cover back to the 80's when the graffiti guys
used to bomb our apartment hallways with tags.. The clan at the
bottom row beneath the title are my parents, brothers, and sisters.
It was well received at the party...



My four year old nephew Max was born on Christmas Day, so we wanted to get him something special this year. I created a stencil of him on a swing in Photoshop, and created his name using the chains. I printed it on heat transfer paper and ironed it on an oatmeal heather tee.
His reaction when he opened it was priceless-
"It's Me!!! IT'S MAAAAAAXXXXXX!!!!!!! MOMMY!! IT'S MAAAAAXXX!!!!!!"
He took off his sweater right then and put it on at the party!
Here's a little montage:




and finally, the week before we were to go to our in-law's house for Christmas Eve, I put the pencils on afterburner
and finished a portrait of them I'd been nursing since November...



Coming Soon!
The "Wicked" mural in my daughter's room that I've been working (more off than) on for over a year! I figure if I can't get it done this week,
I may as well paint the entire room over...
and I'm hoping to throw down a tribute to legendary pin-up beauty, Bettie Page, who passed away this month,
with my fellow bloggers during the month of January.
I'll also be dropping my annual 2008 music playlist, so while all the other bloggers are making
resolutions that they're bound to break, feel free to ring in the New Year
with Yours Truly-
FrogDaddy Ink
It always go down smoothly...

5 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger The Keeper's Notes said...

Wow, what a way to wrap up the year..that t-shirt is great! Pretty sweet. And the drawing of your in-laws is terrific! Great stuff, man. Looking forward to that mural. Happy New Year and Happy Holidays brutha!

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, Happy New Year to you and your family bro. That Max graphic is awesome dude!! And that's great that he loved it just as much as you wanted him to! The new calendar cover is cool too! Nice throwback, and nice job with the graffiti spray splatters and paint. Nice neon-y colors. Your in-laws' drawing is AMAZING, bro!!! I'm sure they absolutely loved it! Your pencil technique is improving by the drawing! I wanna be you when I grow up with the pencils, bro. Nice way to end the year, and no pressure, but if you finish that mural and you want a nice photograph of it, give me a ring, I'd be glad to photograph it for your portfolio.
Later, dude.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Hey Glenny. Happy New Year. I haven't been by in a while, and it was great getting caught up. Great Jay and Terry sketch! And I love the T-shirt gift.

I can't believe the year is over either. Time is speeding up. Maybe that's what "Over The Hill" means.

It's been a little crazy here. I took the last week off too. And I took it off hard core - I even reconfigured my phone to not get work e-mails. Back to it on Monday. And it's all a blur from Christmas Eve until just now.

Lauren and Paul moved in. It was really weird having them go home on New Year's Eve, now that home is just a few blocks away.

Hope to talk soon. Enjoy the waning days of your vacation.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Charles said...

Happy New Year to you and the familia, GB!!!! Looks like you had a blast with the Byrne bunch and i dig the calendar!!! i always wanted to do something like that!

-C!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home