Tuesday, November 18, 2008

41






"At the age of twenty, we don't care what the World thinks of us;
At the age of thirty, we worry about what it is thinking of us;
At forty, we discover that it wasn't thinking of us at all." - Anonymous

Hello my fellow Scorpios!
I turn 41 today- so if 40 is the new 20, I'm now of legal drinking age? Yes!!
We're hitting the end of the year, and things start moving fast...
McKenna's birthday's is next week (the day after Thanksgiving)
my wife's- a week later, then there's Kwanzaa, Chanukah, Festivus,
Christmas, Greek Christmas, New Year's...it never friggin ends!
We're going to pierce McKenna's ears for her birthday...(she doesn't
know it yet, so don't tell her!) It's a real shocker, because her mom was
firm on waiting till she turned 10, and I fall in line with whatever Michele's
thought process is on makeup/jewelry because I'm a guy and I rarely wear both...
So- like I was saying, were closing the books on '08...last call!
I'm "cleaning out my closet" with this sketchbook, so to speak...
Certain sketchbooks can be as special to you as an old,well-worn baseball glove...
This one has produced some real gems for me this year...I've nearly filled it, now
and hope the next one feels as familiar...Here's a few new sketches that
have been lying about, and some others that I normally wouldn't post,
but I'm a warts-and-all kinda Frog...

Ribbit!
FrogDaddy

8 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Fantastic! Have HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We need to head out to the swamp and get some fly juice for your bday! Have a great one!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Jason Quinones said...

fantastic work as always my friend!

especially that one with you and your daughter. really nice blends and layers of color...as per usual!

nice to see a self portrait for a change.

and HAPPY B-DAY!!

think of 41 as twice the legal drinking age and drink twice as much!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

thanks Cybil!
glad you like the self-portrait one Jason...
I never finished it because I didn't think I was hitting it...and cause I'm lazy in me old age! heheh!
Thanks again!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Johnny Supersonic said...

HAPPY Belated BIRTHDAY!

The excellent works just keeps coming. I'm thinking the 2nd one is my fave. And the Halloween sketch is awesome, too.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger The Keeper's Notes said...

Great drawings! I too am diggin' the self portrait, but they're all excellent..and again, that Halloween drawing is superb!

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated one, bro!! These have such an energy, as always, your daughter's portraits get better and better man. Love that one of you and Kenna. That one's frameable! Happy gobble-gobble!!!

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home