Friday, October 17, 2008

Corn Maze




Hey True Believers!
Spent the last weekend in Pennsylvania pumpkin picking with my family and friends.
It was a lovely day and though the pickings were slim, we had delicious
cider smoothies, some caramel covered apples, and hit the hayride.
The highlight though, was this 4 acre Corn Maze that was shaped like
some Mayan ziggurat with historical clues placed inside to keep the kids
entertained while you wander around in it completely lost for 2 hours.
The kid at the front said it should take roughly 45 minutes...
McKenna was totally over it after 20 minutes...She has this phobia of getting
lost- when I'm driving in the car and even casually say to myself, "Where am I?"
she'll ask immediately in a fraught voice- "Are we lost, Daddy?"
So after an hour and half of wandering around the maize, (rimshot!)
our nerves were getting pretty raw....It didn't help matters much that I kept
referencing this retarded Human Giant sketch every half hour...
I'd come up from behind the stalks and whisper- "Corn Maaaaaaaaaaaazzzzze....."
my wife stopped laughing completely after the third time...
I'll try and see if the previous "Slideshow" post had emboldened me enough to try posting
my first video...I don't feel like I'm describing the ridiculousness of the day justice...
Hope you're all digging the foliage....I love this time of year....
FrogDaddy


5 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Nice work Glenny! Rocking the videos.

So you know those Blogger's Choice awards? They have no "Art Blog" category and I think they should. I love looking at your stuff and the blogs of all of the talented people you linl to and who post comments here.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Oh- and how many Yankees fans went to bed thinking it was all over only to wake up and find out the Red Sox will be playing again Saturday?

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Jason Quinones said...

nice to see added video bling to your posts here glenn!

cool art (as per usual)

cool fotos

funny flippin videos!

(i don't watch the show much as i have this natural aversion towards mtv nowadays but these guys are pretty funny from what little i've seen of them.)

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude you always kill me with your stories, anecdotes and humor. And this "corn maaaaaaaze..." thing might just catch on if not already! Funny stuff you fugger...and as always your Kenna sketches just keep getting better and better. And I love the fall collage. This time of year is my fave also, but we hardly get out to "pick" anything...I don't know, call us lazy, I guess.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Charles said...

Byrne - you crack me up with your stories- checking your blog for sweet artwork and funny stories always pays off for me, dude! Plus, you're steppin' it up with slideshows and video - what's next???

Yup, fall is the coolest time of the year for me was well and i... hey- waitaminnute... was that a Jesse comment i just saw???

-C!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home