Sunday, March 30, 2008

Tell It Like It Is


"When I am older than
These small goddamned hills
And there's no reason for
My mind to be still-

Oh, How I'll feel like a beautiful child-
Such a beautiful child again...."- Rufus Wainwright

A recent conversation-

"Dad- Do you have to draw me with the eyepatch on? It's embarrassing."

"I don't think it's as bad as you make it out, Kenna...It's a cute picture of you."

"Can't you?... You know.... just PhotoShop my eye in there without the patch?"

"It's not that easy to do McKenna..."

"Gimme a break Dad, you draw me everyday...."

3 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Jake's like that about some things too. Doesn't like the pictures of him in the hostpital and such. I explained that the people that care about him but don't get to go with him would want to know what he goes through. It can't be all home runs and honor roll awards, but life isn't like that. Sometimes it's tough and you need to remember the tough stuff too.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger The Keeper's Notes said...

Nice drawing, eye patch or no eye patch...I'm guessing that that condition is all good, now? Nothing to add to the sign in the back?...it's kinda missing something without a Jesse missing in action statement...

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Fresh Ground Pepper?

Fiver on the weekend series?

I feel like Papelbon - I sort of need something to get me excited.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home