Sunday, March 23, 2008

Save a Prayer


This is McKenna describing her Easter Sunday in a phone
conversation with her Grandmother this morning:
"Yeah! And then the Easter Bunny gave me a HUGE pink rabbit Grandma,
but you know what? He ALMOST DIDN'T COME AT ALL, because Daddy
was up all night PLAYING HIS XBOX VIDEO GAMES!!!"
What can I say to that?
Jeez Louise! Whatta Narc!

Here's a rare pose of Mother and Daughter...I rarely draw Michele because
I end up choking like A-Rod with runners on trying to get her likeness.
I missed the mark here as well, but fairplay for trying, huh?
Michele's having a delicate surgical procedure performed next month and the
recovery from the operation's supposed to be a real bitch, so think a good thought
for her, willya? I'll be spending a couple of days at home with her while she convalesces,
and then her mom will arrive like the cavalry to help me take care of her through the week.
I'll keep you all posted-

Glenn

P.S.- I finally got around to seeing the movie "Once" (which Jason Q. recommended to
me in a post from about a half a year ago) and it's a lovely little film. If you're a lover of music
and how it connects you to other people, you should definitely take it in.
The soundtrack, which quietly stole the "Best Song" Academy Award from the Disney/Alan Menken powerhouse-
"Enchanted", (which had three songs from it's soundtrack
nominated competing as well) is on extended play for me these days.

4 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Jason Quinones said...

glad to hear you finally got to see and liked Once glen!

cool pic as usual and all the best to you and michelle and her speedy recovery!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger The Keeper's Notes said...

Jason has beat me to it and expressed my sentiments as well! Nice to see a mom and daughter pic - and best wishes to your wife on her recovery.

Glad you liked Once..that and Across The Universe were my favorite movies of last year, not to mention my favorite soundtracks.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

thanks guys...I'll forward your regards to Chele...
That "Once" movie really resonated with me as a musician and a lover of music...while it's fiction, it's not hard to imagine their songs being written in the same manner as shown on film.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Charles said...

Hey, G- That's a great portrait of Mommy and daughter and i think your likenesses are pretty damn good!! Give Michele my best wishes on a speedy recovery.

-C!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home