Thursday, January 03, 2008

Forecast Fascist Future



Boredom murders the heart of our age while sanguinary creeps take the stage
Boredom strangles the life from the printed page -Of Montreal (my new favorite band)

Happy New Year!

Man was I getting tired of looking at that old post! Note to self: If you plan to stop blogging
for more than three months again, make sure that last post is not a photo of yourself... In costume.

(Man Why do I always sport this stupid pucker in pictures???...specially when I'm dancing??...Por Quuuee?????)

Where was I? Oh Yeah!!! Merry New Year!!!

So much to catch up on! Since my last post:

I turned 40. Joe Torre Out. Girardi In. Clemens Took It In The Butt. (An Actual Houston Newspaper Headline)
Another Christmas/New Year's Fast-Forward Blur which ended with my body finally crying "Uncle" from
going full steam for too long and laying me up for a week with a stomach virus.

My resolution for '08?

Post More.

Bitch Less.

Here's McKenna as "Dorothy" from the Wizard of Oz...I'm currently doing a mural on her wall of the
Broadway musical "Wicked" when I finally finish it, I'll put it up...

Here's something I busted out this morning cramped between two people on a 2 hour delayed, slow moving,
packed-like-lemmings-into-shiny-metal-boxes NJ Transit train....

it felt good to draw again...

feels good to post again...

10 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Jason Quinones said...

feels good to see you posting again!

so why do you pucker for every picture you take???

maybe you got paul mccartney syndrome!

it's been pointed out to me that he puckers his lips for album covers lately,which is EXTREMELY apparent on his latest album!! google it and you'll see what i mean.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger The Keeper's Notes said...

First .. welcome back Glenn! Nice sketches, especially the Dorothy..so, the second one you did from memory then...? Pretty cool...and on a moving train!

Looking forward to seeing some new posts and that Wicked mural when it's done!

ok, 2nd, I checked out my copy of Memory Almost Full to see the pic you were talking about, Jason. Yeh, it looks like he's puckering his lips in that shot...but there are also three other photos in the booklet where he's not...it's really just that one shot...I think it's also age and the wrinkles around his mouth making it look like that!

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

somehow I knew Justin would rush in and defend
Sir Paul...Happy New Year to the only lads still posting with any kinda regularity...hope things slow down enough for the rest of us to keep the blogfires burning...Jason you know it was Rosalinda Rodriguez who pointed out my pucker after a dancefloor photo shoot at one of KHQ's legendary holiday parties..
I started going through old pix and sure enough...
I'm doing my best "Sha'mon!" in every one of 'em...

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Jason Quinones said...

i gotta coupla old KHQ xmas party group shots where you're posing old school style and doin' the "sha'mon" face!!

i'd love to see that room when it's done!

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back."

To me that will always be your Fred Schneider face.

~Phred

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Charles said...

Welcome back & Happy New Year, GB! Glad you're posting again, bud!! Hope to see pics of the mural when you're done.

-C!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Hooray! Welcome back, Glenny.

Publish Your Comment
At least it's not your John Schneider face. Funny story about Phred and John and Fred that I will tell you when we speak.

Which will be soon, I hope.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

P.S. I think the puckering is dead sexy. I do have a picture of you where you aren't puckering, but only because you are suffering from heat stroke from building Glenndale Beach.

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YO YO FROGDADDY!
HI FROM YOUR CO ILLUSTRATOR OF THE INFAMOUS COW BOOK. SOMEONE FINALLY SHOWED ME WHAT A BLOG IS...LOVE YOUR WORK BUT YOU KNOW THAT. BE COOL. TELL MCKENNA BECCA SAYS HI.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

I will most definitely try to post the full-on mural
when I finish it... which I hope will be soon....
charlie good to hear from ya...let's get some more output from the both of us in 08, mate...
Phred! Was Eric playing the acoustic while you were typing that? thanks babe! I'm gonna have that in my head all night! Eric I can't imagine a story with Phred
and the Schneides, but it's gotta be a gas!
Wow! Izzat you Elaine?My partner in crime! now that you know about them , can we expect one of your own LaineyBlogs? That'd be pretty wicked! I'd be a frequent visitor! Thanks for the comments folks! I'lll be back soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home