Wednesday, January 23, 2008

City Bird

City bird haven't you heard
hasn't anybody told you?
These city blocks can't hold you
Your place is in the sky how can I show you?

City bird haven't you learned
of the boundlessness of your freedom
The sky is your blue kingdom
You neglect your wings like you don't need them

City bird maybe these hands that feed you need you
Maybe you understand that city bird

-Of Montreal

The above song is for Heath Ledger...what a talent...what a shame.

I'm going on a business trip with my team next week.
We're spending three days in L.A. checking out the
new Disney stuff we'll be working on this year. I'm
psyched to check out what their artists are working on
and take in their workspaces and see what inspires them.
I'm also going to be on a plane for roughly ten hours
and I'm definitely carrying on my sketchbook, so jet lag
be damned! I'm comin' back heavy or I ain't comin' at all!



Here's something different- I've done a series of sketches
for one of our departments...you've seen other versions
of these same characters previously...here's a "styleguide"
of sorts I did featuring the Bear, the Duck, and The Bunny.

See ya in LA, Marvin!-
(Bonus Movie Quote)

FrogDaddy

7 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Jason Quinones said...

very cute stuff glen!

especially that cute duck. sorta looks like he's doing an animated walking sequence.

have fun in lala land. tell lindasy and paris i said hi and thanks for the crabs!

is that quote from midnight run?

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Jason Quinones said...

i just read your latest comments on my blog.thanks!

another good book about the punk era i've read which you might wanna pick up is "ROTTEN:NO IRISH,NO BLACKS,NO DOGS" the auto bio of john lydon aka johnny rotten! a great read!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Hey Glenn,

Long flights suck, and I know you hate flying. I have to go to Baltimore soon. I am not looking forward to it.

I did a lot of journal writing on my last flight. It really made the time fly. Bring earplugs, or buy Bose Quiet Comfort headphones.

I like the drawings as much as I can like cute things like that.

Did your inspiration for the bear come from Family Guy? His belly, like Peter's, hides his genitalia.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

many thanks Mr. Q!
P.S. good call on the Midnight Run reference!
I remember that book by Rotten! whatta title!
I'm considered "Black Irish" so where do I stand on that pecking order?
Eric! you're bear genitalia fixation must cease!
If you want me to draw you a portrait of a bear's
woolly balls, I will dammit, but don't expect a posting
of it! still laughing over here!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't even imagine you sitting down to draw those CUTE guys. Seems almost ironic that you drew them... I know Amie would love em...

I am trying to get into this blogging thing myself:

http://amiebinan.blogspot.com/

Trust me, I am just getting started so don't judge... yet.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger The Keeper's Notes said...

Glenn, I am lovin' these sketches! The line weight, shading and feel is really nice...especially love that middle bunny...and the ducks! The Disney check-out sounds amazing..that's gotta be inspiring - those guys are insane! Looking forward to some plane sketches!

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home