Monday, November 12, 2007

I Know Whatcha Trying To Say


I can only apologize for the lack of posts lately...
I could blame the inactivity on having to set up my brand new MacPro,
but that would sound like I'm showin off or something...
I'm going full tilt from now till Christmas and in between have to celebrate
McKenna's, Michele's and my own birthday! ("40 is the new 20...40 is the new 20")
I'll try and get something up, but it'll be an effort....
I also wanna give the Ink a reboot...make it more than just sketches of my kid,
but those delusions of grandeur will have to wait till next year...
Anyways...three weeks later, here's a picture of me as "Jermaine" from
HBO's "Flight of the Conchords" at my office's annual Halloween Party.
It was originally going to be a Talent Show/Costume Party...and a friend
and I were going to perform "Business Time"...in true Conchords spirit,
we brought our acoustic guitars to work and practiced on our lunch break
in some pissed out alleyway in SoHo....We had it down! We were gonna nail it!
They were gonna eat it up! Who likes to rock the party?
Then the weekend before we were supposed to perform it, I went out with some guys for
my best friend's birthday and I was discussing the upcoming talent show...
We go back to my boy's crib and he YouTube's the "Business Time" video
(Here's where you discover that I have no blog savvy and can't link the video to this site
myself because I'm retarded. Here's the link if you'd like to see it-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GpTTf175aE
Anyway, after watching it with the lads (all of whom are in pretty corporate environment
type gigs - an architect, an interior designer, an IT guy) told me that it was pretty risque
to perform a song like that at your job, which totally got me thinking and worrying...
Granted I work for a corporate company, but it's a more relaxed form of corporate-
"All it takes is one person to get bent out of shape about it...." is what they were telling me.
So do I perform it? Is it worth risking your job over? I went in Monday totally stressed...
So after all that, what happens?
They cancelled the talent show...not enough people signed up to perform...
The costume party was fantastic! I work with some very creative people-
I went as Jermaine anyways, right down to my Business Socks,
and everyone there thought I was Dwight from "The Office"
but I knew what they were trying to say...
They were trying to say, "Oh Yeahhh...It's Business Time...."

9 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Jason Quinones said...

i thought you were supposed to be austin powers! i know, i know..austin is so LATE '90'S!

your co-workers sound cool,even though they put the kibosh on your talent show performance. i know you would've rocked the house!

all it takes is one complaint from that prude in accounting with the b.o. problem who lives with 12 cats and her mom to spoil the good times!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jason Quinones said...

p.s. HAPPY B-DAY BRO!

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

We had talent shows at our company retreats when I worked at SSG. And a very manly lesbian did this awesome strip tease where she came out dressed like a woman and stripped down to something like Big Spender, and then went behind a curtain and came back out and got dressed up again as a man to that "Gaston" tune from Beauty and the Beast. And she was our HR Director.

I was EmCee - and did little skits between acts. In one of them, I was a mime - and it was supposed to be a total goof. The sad thing is that I was just good enough that people were afraid to laugh and hurt my feelings. And then a buddy came out in a black leotard wearing a box with toilet paper rolls attached - Moomenshantz or however you spell it - put the box over my head and shoved me off the stage yelling "Get out of that box, mime!"

That could have worked on so many levels if only I were a worse mime. It was genius snuffed out by my mediocre mime skills.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Oh yeah - it's great to see a post - any post.

I heard you were sweatin' 40. Well don't. I've got it coming up in May, and I need your support, brother.

Just stay the fuck away from "VH-1 Classic" and you'll be fine.

In fact, call your cable company and have them block it.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Charles said...

Hey, please don't let this post be the last one of 2007. i know you're mad about the whole Gay-Rod
situation but hey-- it's only a game.

BTW, you actually look a bit like a young Orville Redenbacher-- the popcorn king!!!!

-C!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Jason Quinones said...

as of right now there has been no responses, retorts, quips, quotes or sarcastic answers from the frog daddy.

me thinks he's been taking tantric tips from sting and he's gettin' down to business!

cuz you know when he's down to his socks
it's time fo bidness
thas why he calls em bidness socks
OOOHHH!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

All I want for Christmas is a post from Glenn...a post from Glenn, a post from Glenn...

(Sung to the tune of whatever the heck you want)

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

I change my avatar more than Glendor posts.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Oh I got so excited when I saw your comment on my blog. And so I clicked on over here to find nothing new.

But it was great to hear from you. Glad you're back from the dead, or chillin' at Club Med or whatever you've been up to.

Jake's amp ain't no Roland - he's playing bass, so we got him an Ampeg.

Where you gonna be on NYE? We're having a massive Bainter clan over - Mike, Dolores, Lauren, Paul, Jeff, and long lost SoCal brother Steve. Also my Cuz Chris and his daughter. Not sure if there are enough Areobeds, but we'll work something out.

Anyway - we'd love to do a phone toast around midnight your time, so let us know how we can reach you.

Love ya like a brothah, brotha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home