Monday, August 06, 2007

Small Wonders

Over futile odds
And laughed at by the gods
And now the final frame
Love is a losing game - Amy Winehouse

I promised to post that warm, fuzzy signage I drew at my job
last week so here 'tis...The Small Wonders Department work
two cubicles down from us in the Licensing Dept.
Their manager approached me to hand draw a banner to hang
over their presentation boards for their Fall '08 meetings.
They do really sweet newborn graphics with Teddy Bears, Bunnies
and Ducklings. Each character is supposed to represent a gender,
the Bears are for Boys, the Bunny's for girls, and the Duck is for
Unisex clothing...boys and girls can safely wear ducks and not be
made to feel too masculine or too feminine about it.
So here are the happy trio...


It was really fun to do because it was HUGE (44" x 15") and that's
a lot of ground to cover with colored pencil. I was able to knock
it out over two days at work. It felt like I was back in school-
penciling for hours at a clip- I regained the feeling in my wrist
by the end of the weekend.
Well, it went over nicely I think. Our President gave me a
nice shout-out at the meeting this morning, and my Design
Director's talking to Corporate in Chicago about possibly designing
some in-store stuff.
As a result, I've been drawing a bit these days-
hopefully I'll be posting more soon.

7 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glenn: This looks great!!! I'm so happy for you!!

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Charles said...

Damn, GB-- them's so nice fuzzy animals!! Nice use of colored pencils on a big scale!!! So now you must be the "king' artist around the office, huh?

Stay golden, Pony-Boy....

-C!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

Thanks Rebecca! Imagine me doing this at KH?
On company time? Fuggedaboudit!!!
Thanks Chuck! "Stay Gold" heheh....
We do it for JOHNNY!

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger The Keeper's Notes said...

Glenn - This is fan flippin fantastic! I LOVE the bear...the figues, rendering, it's all top-notch...great work!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Why didn't they do roosters for boys and kitty cats for girls and early David Bowie for unisex?

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

much obliged, Justin! Thanks
Eric! you're onto somethin man!
Imagine babies walking around with the Aladdin Sane lightning make-up on?
friggin outrageous!
"does the space cold make your nipples go pointy Bowie?"

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GLENNY THAT IS SO CUTE....I MEMBER YOU TELLING US ABOUT THIS IS LOOKS GREAT....

KEEP ON ROCKIN,,,


U DA MAN......

ROSY :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home