Monday, August 20, 2007

The Back of the Bus

"I'm a broken heart.
I'm a broken heart.
I'm a broken heart...
My love is bleeding."- The Bird and the Bee

Shine Yer Shoes, Guvner?
What a rarity from me these days....a Sketch Dump!
And what's more! Some are actually someone else's kids!
This is Lily-an engaging nine year old daughter of a fellow coworker...




The next sketch is of McKenna and her cousins Gillian and Patrick, whom
we spent a lovely weekend with this summer...




And here's some various KennaSketches to fufill the "Sketch Dump"
quota...





We had my brother's family over the weekend, so my wife and I had to share our
bed with the girl. She's getting so tall and lanky now that there's little room for the
three of us anymore...the nightly battle for blanket coverage is ferocious. Last night
Michele and I had came into our room well after she had fallen asleep and as my wife nudged
her over into my hemisphere of the bed, she whispered to her,
"McKenna...skootch over a little bit- you're hogging up the bed."
She then rolls right into my backside and says in a dreamy voice-
"I want to Mommy, but I keep bumping into the bus."
It took Michele ten minutes to stop giggling...

6 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Lou said...

Funny bedtime story my man...sounds familiar LOL! except for the bus...I get "mommy....the bear is growling again" but Roe doesn't laugh....she covers my face.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Jason Quinones said...

"...BUMPING INTO A BUS!"

sounds like frog daddy's packin' some junk in his trunk!

really nice color pencil portraits here man!

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

"junk in the trunk"- yeah man, gravity wins again...lol! I guess it's better than releasing noxious gas emissions while idling at a rest stop...
am I still talking about buses?

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice...I like dumps...hehe. Brother, you've molded the colored pencil artform into your own style, dude. These are nice. I like the feeling of the first one, Lily, she looks like a movie star. And as usual, your Kenna sketches are full of life. And I love the story of you guys in bed and your backside being like a bus. lol That's great! Kids say the darndest things. When Karina's in bed with us (talk about the three of us not fitting, ayayay!!!), she loves to wedge her footsies and little hands underneath my back or legs which makes for really achy ribs and back and cramped legs when I wake up! :)

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL Beautiful art!!!!

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger The Keeper's Notes said...

I don't know but somehow I missed these drawings! I just saw the Robot Head post-its..!

These are really nice. Love the white pencils lines behind Kenna's head in the last one...all the tones and rendering are really nice. How long did you spend on these? Great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home