Saturday, February 10, 2007

Mid Terms


"The only thing important about art is how it affects people.
It only needs to affect one person to be interesting.
But it has to affect many people to be important."-Chuck Klosterman

Last year I drew a quick one page cartoon revolving an altercation
I had in a deli in NY. It was really well-received and some even
suggested I make it a regular feature here at FrogDaddy Ink.
Well here is the first (but not the last, I hope) of a series of some
caught moments that I'd like to storyboard...My comic book storytelling skills are on no par with my contemporaries on the links pages to the right, but I figure it'll be a good way to practice a new look,and shake up the blog a bit...there's only so many drawings of my girl I can do before the site just starts to look the same ole, same ole...More to come...

P.S.- We got our mid term 1st grade report card back and to quote her teacher:
"McKenna is a bright and imaginative student. She can comprehend just about any word she comes into contact with! Those stories are starting to show in her writing-her ideas are often times so big it is sometimes difficult for her to write them out. She is a joy to work with."
Ain't that cool? I'm so proud of her!
She saw the cartoon I was working on an felt like setting the story up because I didn't explain to the reader where we were going in the car, so below is her prequel to the above cartoon...

7 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, God rides a Vespa?!?!
Wow, didn't know that. And this cartoon in no way, shape or form takes place in a deli, what are you talking about? I like it, very cool. Looks like it's gonna be a hit here at blogland as well, homey. And you made yourself look cooler than you really are! I love Kenna's drawing...budding artist in the works there.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger The Keeper's Notes said...

A nice change of pace, Glenn! I dig it..It brought a smile to my face to see some sequential work on the blog. Thinkin' of inkin' these...or just keeping them as pencils?

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Lou said...

nice stuff there brudda! dig kenna's drawing of you looking spliffed but not really...made me gaffaw! oh yeah and A-rod spelled backwards is Dora...that's gay! but there's nothing wrong wit dat!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

God actually rides a moped Jesse...He doesn't care for the hipster cred a Vespa offers... ;)
Thank you Justin! Knowing my inking skills-
I think they're better left penciled...you'd think I woulda learned to ink after years of sitting in the same room as Jesse & Lou....Coño!
Hey Lou-Kenna's drawing was accurate- i had just snorted an 8 Ball before I turned the ignition on...I personally love the newsboy she gave me and the hands-free driving skills ...a budding artist, indeed....Did someone say Pitchers & Catchers? Or were we talking about A-Rod being a pitcher or a catcher? Hoo Hah!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Lou said...

brilliant!

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Charles said...

Glenn, what the hell is going on between A-Rod and Jeter????? A-Rod needs to keep his mouth shut and step up his game this season, no?

Kenna's drawing is pretty good-- when does she get her own blog??

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very sweet Glenn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home