Saturday, October 07, 2006

Let the Wookie Win


"Love is like an aeroplane-
You jump and then you pray-
the lucky ones remain."- Sean Lennon

Man I'm a blog slag....so busy my head hurts....
I'd like to promise more frequent posts,
but I'd also like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony too.
Some random soundbites from the past month-
courtesy of (who else?) McKenna:

(to me and michele while discussing her behavior before a dinner party)
"You Guys, Relax! I got everything under control!"

(to me one night at the mirror in the bathroom)
Me: Hey! look at that loose tooth you got there!
McKenna: Dad! It's not a loose tooth-it's a looser tooth!
Me: What's the difference between a loose tooth and a looser tooth?
McKenna: A looser tooth will get me tooth fairy coins, a loose tooth is just
a little wiggle.

And here's the quote with a wraparound story:
She wants to be Princess Leia for Halloween this year. This is the first non-
Disney character Halloween ever. I mean- she's still gonna be a princess;
just one that is equipped with a blaster.
I was so jazzed ordering the costume (it's got the danish rolls wig and everything)
that I checked out some adult size costumes to see if we could double date this year.
I noticed they had this badass Chewbacca costume that was cut from
the original molds at Luca$films. It looked just like Chewie!
Real fur and everything!
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnhhhh!!!
It was awesome!
It was four hundred and twenty four dollars.
Let's check out ebay.
Wait! What's this? the same costume for what (at the time) seemed like a very reasonable $250.
Michele was already conked out for the night so this would have to be an executive decision.
Do I really drop two fiddy on a Chewbacca costume? I'm gonna hafta wear this thing for the next
ten Hallloweens! Shit, this may be my winter jacket this season!
I read the description again.
"Authentic Chewbacca Costume.
Real Replica Official Star Wars Costume. Supreme Edition"
Supreme Edition?
Bid.
Aw man! What did I just do?
I wake up the next morning and Michele asks-
"Did you order the Leia costume?"
"Um....Yeah and....I also, ......um...nevermind."
I'm so screwed.
I write her an email when I get to work cause I'm too chickenshit to call her and tell her about my impulsive idiocy.
Chele- god bless her- was awesome about it....Her take on it was like-
"Think of how cool the pictures are gonna be!"
So what happens? I got outbid over the weekend for a final tally of $305
Even my impulses have their limits.
Michele picks me up a consolation prize Darth Vader mask from Target
(which, she points out, makes sense as Vader is Leia's dad, too- I truly married the perfect woman.)
Here's the quote: (at last!)
After she found out about the Chewie loss-McKenna jumps in my lap- pulls the Vader mask over my face,
looks into my black souless,reflective eyes, and says reassuringly-
"Daddy- even though you're Lord Vader and you're the evil bad guy, you're still my Dad and I love you."

The force is strong with this one.

3 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger The Keeper's Notes said...

Great story! But I woulda loved to see you in that Chewie suit - Vader will do, though!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Lou said...

funny story bro...i totally know what that's like. LOL!
sorry about your Yanks...jazzed about my Mets...cool sketch though homie....btw...I'm back!

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn! three hundres dollars for a chewie costume...that costume better kick ass. (even though you got out bidded - i still gotta see what this looks like!) michelle should go as padme...so it's father (vader), mother (padme), & daughter (leia)...what a disfunctional family. =)
funny how you spew on the last three star wars and lucas, and now you go give him mony! (just bustin' some chops.) btw you gotta post the pics of the costumes after this halloween.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home