Thursday, August 10, 2006

Red Skies At Night



"C'mon baby-Get me into the car.
Out on a bender I'm waitin for you-
Get me out of the bar....."- Superdrag

Red Alert? What the fuck?
Why of all times this week?
I'm flying to Amsterdam in 7 days!
I've never been out of the States-I plan a trip with my best friend-
whom I've known for 30 years-to go to Europe.
I get my very first passport.
We booked the thing last February.
I've been foaming at the mouth for this for months... and it's a week away!
And then I'm in my shower this morning, and hear-
"Terror plot foiled in England!
Terror Threat raised to Red!!
Americans warned not to travel!!!
1010WINS -You give us twenty minutes-we'll make you piss yourself in the shower."
This completely puts a damper on my enthusiasm...
I'm still going-and when I get there, plan on having a great time.
But this "Terror Shit" bookending my getting there and back again is a MoFo.
Whatever and Ever, Amen.
I'll bring back stories and sketches!
This'll be my last post till I get back, so I'll make it a double-
Sweet & Sour Kenna
Ribbit!
FrogDaddy

10 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Don't sweat it, man. It's a load of hooey and just a pain in the ass. At least you can take on a CD player. But Scope? Nope.

http://mindbloggingtypos.blogspot.com/2006/08/here-we-go-again.html

Just make sure your outfit matches the terror threat level and you'll be fine.

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

I just read another article - it's a bit worrisome that they just now figured out the whole liquid bomb thing. And England figured it out, not us. Hell, up until a little bit ago, you could take a butane lighter on planes even though you can't smoke. If that stupid shoe bomber Richard Reid had just brought a Zippo instead of a crappy book of matches, that plane would have gone down.

Seriously, though, relax, you're gonna be fine. Don't get paranoid or do anything that might make on paranoid. You know, like watching Alive or anything.

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful work!

Don't worry so much, just make sure not to pack your mascara, and you'll be just fine!

Bring a sketch book and have a well deserved amazing holiday!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

thanks for the words of encouragement guys...
no mascara Rebecca? Phooey! Now my beady eyes will really be apparent! Ribbit!
hard to believe we could once smoke on a plane...
where were the Islamic fundamentalists then?
p.s.- really feeling the powder blue kangol!
hoping to come back with a signature newsboy
that I'll rock permanently like Andy Capp.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger salvador vazquez said...

ey!

son buenos tus retratos, ;)

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo give me some more Frogster, leave a long lasting impression on this blog, b 4 you leave the country!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger pandave said...

amen to that, i say!

no lipgloss either. your lips will be dry and cracked, your breath will be a tad musty, but you will have a total blast and i for one am looking forward to the inspired sketches.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Process Junkie said...

Have a great trip!!

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Come on Frog Daddy - there are other cafes in Amsterdam - internet cafes. Drop us a line if you can't drop a sketch. Or maybe some ASCII art?

(.)(.)

What? Those are eyes!

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,433134,00.html

That link is for all of you folks making a living at art. I find it hard to believe that you can have a bad day at the office doing what you do. But I guess sometimes it's like any other job. Anyway, next time you have "a case of the Mondays," remember the Chinese sweat shop cranking out Van Goghs for Wal-Mart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home