Monday, July 03, 2006

Dreaming Is Free



"Only in Dreams-
We see what it Means"- Weezer

Sometimes my wife will fall asleep while lying down with Kenzo.
Some nights they fall asleep together in our bed, and it is my duty
to be the transporter who takes my girl back to her bed so she magically
wakes up in her room every morning. Either that or I get in bed with the two of 'em and I end up feeling like an ottoman footrest.
So the other night while scooping her up from our bed. she stretched out like a cat and said in a strangely wakeful voice- "No. Daddy..."
So I whispered reassuringly- "It's alright, honey."
I cradled her and walked quietly out of the room.
"Daddy..."-she continues,"They took the baby..."
I carry her into her room still consoling, but curious.
"It's O.K. baby. Go to sleep."
"No Daddy...They, like...they took her...and then..."
I'm sitting at her bedside now...tucking her in, abso-fuckin-lutely riveted.
"They took the baby...and then...they put her in the...in the.......in the.......
................................................................................................................"
(I can't believe I'm doing this)
"Where'd they put her, McKenna???"
"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
Shit.
Now I'll be up all night.

7 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what suspense! sweet story, great sketching!

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Happy 4th, Glenn. Nice sketch, great story.

Early warning - next year, the 4th of July is on a Wednesday. Plan on taking off the first week in July and coming here.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Charles said...

Sweet, man. You need to do a illustrated book someday. Get a publisher already!!!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

thanks peoples!
I've definitely been lacking in the storytelling dept. of late, 'Bekit. Glad you liked it.
We're going to Ireland in April, so why not California
in July? I'll see how the schedule rolls, E.
thanks Charles! I'm getting closer to finishing a story-
which basicaly means, I've started actually writing it this summer....we'll see if things relax enough at work to continue on it...I'm barely keeping up with my blog!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

So the next morning, did you ask her who took the baby and where they put her?

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home