Friday, March 10, 2006

Picturing "Pedro"





"Something new is what we need-
Something new we have agreed-
It is time for us to look for something new."- The Smithereens

Here's a sketchbook combo meal with special sauce!
I'm trying to create a dragon for this story I'm writing for McKenna.
I've never really tried my hand at sci-fi/fantasy save for a coupla crappy high
school dungeons and dragons type sketches i did before my balls dropped.
I'm using lizards to get the feel for rendering "dragon-skin", but I'm really new
to this type of stuff....
I'm a people person!
Anyone have any links to some cool Dragon pics? I need some inspirato....
I included a quick KennaSketch (3/9) cause she when she stretches, she












S T R E T C H E S !


ribbit!
FrogDaddy

5 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger The Keeper's Notes said...

Glenn -

The rendering on the Iguana is really nice...! All the sketches look cool...as for dragons, I'd just do a google searh for dragon and see what comes up! But if you want specific artists, guys like The Hildebrandts (did a whole book on Dragons) and Michael Whelan have done some awesome dragon paintings!

JLL

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Dragons...are supposed to breathe fire-fire...are supposed to breathe fire...

Virtual cocktail to anyone who can get that reference to an 80s throw away B-side.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

Justin- I knew you'd have an answer to that one!
Thanks man! I'll look em up ....
Eric no idea what that song is...Wanna throw us a hint here? I'd like my virtual cocktail to not be that shot you gave me that tasted like dirt please...
ROSALINDA!!!! Welcome! Some Chi is just what my site needed! I also appreciate the bonus update
(I was so bummed I couldn't go in yesterday!)
and am thrilled you gots yours! You deserve it!
Thank you for your kind words! "Da da da da da-
That's a lot of talk you just did right there....the comment doesn't reflect the talk." hehheh!
See ya Monday!
Ribbit!

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're an amazing artist indeed

Love the new Kenna sketch!

Rebecca

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger The Keeper's Notes said...

Glenn -

Also check out William Stout for great pen and ink texturing! He's done alot of dragons, creatures and dinos, too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home