Thursday, February 23, 2006

D.W.S. (Daddies With Shotguns)


"Dad."
"Yes McKenna?"
"When can I be President?"
(stunned silence.)

We got a haircut this weekend. (KennaSketch 2/23)
and while I was worried about her having some initial
hair shock, she's actually quite confident in her new 'do.
So much so, that I'm starting to worry....I'm inventing these
scenarios that may occur within the next decade... where I
gotta invite some future yackoff who wants to take my daughter
to a movie into my house for interrogation.
I'll have the Reservoir Dogs "cut the cop's ear off"
torture scene que'ed up on the dvd, and have him sit in the
t.v. room with me while I ask him questions. Let 'em sweat it out, ya know?
I happen to be part of a group of artists at my job who all have daughters,
and they'd started this new membership club called
"Daddies With Shotguns" and I'm seriously thinking helping charter it with them.
I guess Pop's who bust their daughter's date's balls is a time-honored
tradition in this country, and if I don't do it that would be sending
a wrong message to the terrorists!
Lord knows my Old Man gave my sister's husbands their share...Now HE
was a friggin artist! He could make 'em sweat! He asked my (future wife)
girlfriend the first day I brought her over the house if she wanted to take
a shower with him to help conserve water!
My love (god bless her) called him on it, said-
"Allright! Where's the bathroom?"
And I knew he approved of her right then.

"So what time did you say you'll have my daughter home by?"

I love my lil' tadpole.
Frogdaddy

7 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Lou said...

Amen brother! When "that" time comes for me I'll cue the scene from Pulp Fiction (so many to choose from!)..with Samuel Jackson quoting the "Path of the Rightous Man" just before he bucked him fill o' lead!

BTW...great sketch brother!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

thanks lou! my little muse's got me in a
zone right now....I would hate to be Nicky's
boyfriend! Heheh! Give 'em the business, Poppa!

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are talking gospel right now...unbelievable...and my little one isn't that old enough but, seeing how fast Kenna grew (geez, Louise, it was just the other day you had her, Glenn!!!) I'm starting to sweat over here...
Trust me, Karina's 'dates' are gonna be very interesting...Drill Seargent Hernandez in the house!!!
Need I say anymore...?
DROP AND GIVE ME 50, BITCH!!! AND AFTER THAT YOU CAN TAKE MY DAUGHTER, ME AND MY WIFE OUT TO DINNER AND ICE CREAM AND RIGHT BACK HOME!!!
AND THEN YOU CAN GO YOUR MERRY WAY YOU LITTLE FAGGOT-IN-TRAINING CALVIN KLEIN WANNA-BE!!! WIPE THAT SMIRK OFF YOUR FACE BEFORE I RIP IT OFF!!! DIDN'T I SAY TO DROP?!??!!
:)

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...nice sketch, Glenny...

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

jesse I never even read your comments after this...flippin hysterical! Is your caps lock button on your keyboard worn out?
heheh!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home